CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, March 13, 2009

Little Faker

Lately, whenever I try to tell Brady to do something like "Brady, get your shoes" or "Brady, pick up the toys" or whatever it is he'll start putting his hand up to me like "Talk to the hand" and says "No Mommy".
Not in a sassy way but almost in a pleading way because he really doesn't want to do it.
But tonight he has hit a new level of refusal.
He was sitting in the chair, hiding Bo's toys under a blanket (he likes to be sneaky and hide Bo's toys all the time). It was almost bedtime. When I told him "Come on Brady, let's go get your jammies on" he did something I thought we were at least a year away from dealing with. He laid his head down and closed his eyes and said "No Mommy" (I expected that) and then "I seepin" (I'm sleeping).
WHAT??????
He's pretending to be sleeping so he doesn't have to do what I want him to do????
The funniest thing about that is that he's pretending to sleep so he doesn't have to go to sleep! He'll figure out soon enough you're not supposed to pretend to be doing the thing your Mom wants you to do. It just totally surprised me he already had the pretending to sleep thing figured out!
I did have to have him re-pose like he was to take the picture though because it was so cute how he did it. I also like the fact that his hair is sticking straight up because it is statically charged to the chair cushion.

3 comments:

Jessica McFarland said...

Aren't kids funny and clever too. That is so cute.

Erica said...

I freakin dont know if i could love anyone more then that kid! he is the cutest, smartest(in his own little way) most funnest little kid ever and i just want to steal him and keep him! I cant wait to see you guys!! well at least you and him! I would love to see aaron too but hes not comin right>?

Sandra Nixon said...

Jack has been doing the pretending to sleep thing for quite a while now too. He loves it! it always makes us laugh. Glad your little guy has figured it out too!