CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, September 1, 2011

Little Man's Party

 Here are the pictures from Collin's birthday party!
Made this little onsie for him to wear to his party.
I took this pic in the backyard a couple days before and used picnik
to edit and it came out even better than I expected!

Here's the invitations I made
Here's some of the decorations we made.  I can't tell you how much fun I had making these things and decorating for the party (with help of course).  I figured that a boy's first birthday is the only time I can get away with "cutsie" decorations.  And since I have no girls to do cutsie stuff with, I'm going all out!


Here's the hanging tie garland I made to go across the
kitchen and the hanging balloons in the background.

Tissue balls and more of tie garland

I had a blank wreath and a whole bunch of scrap fabric so my
sister whipped up this wreath that turned out way cute!

 
Me and my sis Melissa by the dessert table.
We had rice krispies balls, dipped in white chocolate with sprinkles, cookies and
of course the cupcakes with the little cupcake toppers I made to go on top. 

I found those cute buckets and striped plates in the clearance aisle at Target after Easter.  I know, that was quite a while ago but that's how I found the inspiration for the colors and I went from there! :)  You gotta grab things when you see them or otherwise, you might never find exactly what you want later!

Made a collage print with some of the other pictures I
took from the backyard in his tie onsie.


I found this "C" in the dollar bins at Michael's and added it to the
banner I made with some of the matching fabric I had left.

Cupcakes!
He stuck his finger in there as soon as I set down the cupcake
before we were done singing.  He wasn't sure what to do
at first, but it didn't take long to figure it out!

He really enjoyed making a complete mess out of the cupcakes!
They were green and blue to match everything else of course!

More party pics-I had too many to choose from so I just made some more collages!
Can you find Spiderman Brady in there?  I made him a tie shirt too!
 
Loves his new basketball hoop!  He especially liked
climbing up and down the box!
We had such a fun time at the party and were so glad we had so much of our family here with us to celebrate!  Thanks for the fun weekend and for all the help with the party!

Linked up to:
COM   I Heart Naptime
Tip Junkie handmade projects

4 comments:

Erin said...

Your birthday decorations are absolutely adorable! I might have to steal your ideas! haha Happy birthday little guy!

Sara said...

SO pretty!! Would LOVE it if you would share this project at my turquoise lovin' party going on right now!! http://www.sweetlittlegals.com/2011/09/turquoise-lovin-4.html

Shabby chic Sandy said...

What a darling birthday party and your son is adorable!

cheryl @ nefotlak. said...

gorgeous party for a gorgeous little man!! lovely.
cheryl xox.