CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, April 25, 2011

Girls Weekend!!

2 of my friends, Heather and Misty, from college decided that they needed a girls weekend. And rightly so since they both have 4 kids!!
They both still live in IL and only about an hour away from each other so they get to see each other more than I get to see them. The three of us have not been together in probably about 7 years maybe? I have seen them individually more recent than that but not all three of us together. When they told me they were having a girls weekend and I should come, I really wanted to make it happen. After going back and forth on the decision, I decided last minute to just drive the 7 hours and go! Aaron was awesome and came with me so I didn't have to take the kids and drive by myself. And my mother-in-law helped him watch the kids while I was out having fun!
Here's 2 of my favorite pics of us from back in the day. I dug them out of my picture archives and scanned them.
I dug out some others and so did the other girls and we looked and laughed at them over the weekend!
Here we are when they picked me up. I felt like a 10 year old girl waiting to be picked up for a slumber party! I was so excited to get to see them!


Our main focus for the weekend was shopping but we had to throw some good food in there too! Dinner at Cheesecake Factory at the Galleria. This was before all the "fun" started that night. We were supposed to see a murder mystery but it got cancelled so we kept shopping.

After dinner, we kept shopping at the mall some more and that's when all the crazy weather started moving through! We had to go in the back hallways and then down to the lower levels because there were tornados coming through St Louis that night. One ended up hitting the airport and area a couple miles away from the mall we were at.
We had another friend Jeannie with us that night too. Here's us with a nice lady (her son was taking our picture).



After all the storms had moved through, we had to get Jeannie to her hotel and us to our hotel. The highways there were all crazy because there was lots of damage from the stormes. Between the debris and all the emergency vehicles all over the place, there was a lot of backed-up traffic. It's a good thing I knew my way around St Louis a little bit or otherwise, we would have been sitting on 270 all night!

By the time we got back to our hotel, we decided not to go to the piano bar like we wanted to. We decided to just stay in and talk. We did all night and into the morning. 4 am to be exact! It was so much fun and I felt like I was at a sleepover again.

It was nice to not have to wake up with the kids in the morning, even though I still woke up before 8 am! We got ready and headed out to brunch at the City Coffeehouse and Creperie! So good!!!! You have to go there if you are even in St Louis!! We got 3 different kinds of crepes and shared them all. The sweet ones are definitley my favorite but they have all kinds there.

It is so nice to have friends that you can stay up late with, talking and laughing and just having fun. It's also nice that even though we haven't seen each other in a long time, we can just pick back up where we left off. I am lucky to have those kinds of friends all over the country now! (I miss all you girls out there!!!)

I am also so grateful that my hubby and MIL were so nice to take care of the boys form me so I could enjoy and night and a day out! Although, it's more of a gift for grandma to be able to have her boys there and spoil them rotten!!! Plus it was Easter so she got to sugar them up too. And Aaron even got to go to a Cardinal's game with his dad so everyone wins!

So living in Nebraska has had its perks so far. We are definitely going to have to make it a yearly event girls! And to all my other girls out there-we need to all meet up again one day and do this too! :)

No comments: