CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Exciting Evening

So we are getting sick of eating out all the time, so I have bought some meals that are easy to make without too much trouble. The kitchen here has a simple collection of pots and pans, measuring cups, salt and pepper, a cutting board, knives, and plates, cups, bowls, silverware. There is no cooking spray or oil or butter or anything like that to put in the pan to keep the food from sticking to the anti non-stick pans. I've tried cooking chicken and pork chops and I end up having to peel/scrape them off the bottom of the pan.
So here's an example of the meals I've been making: a bag of the frozen vegetables you can either steam in the bag in the microwave or heat in the pan, instant mashed potatoes in the pouch, gravy from a can, heat and serve rolls and rotisserie chicken. That was our dinner last night. I had just started heating the broccoli and cheese in the pan, boiling water for the potatoes and preheating the oven for the rolls.

Then the fire alarm started going off...............flashing lights and a very loud screeching sound. We looked in the hall and this was the case all down the hallway. I turned off the burners and oven and we got our shoes on and went outside.



It's such an emergency as you can see here! These guys are hard at work! :)

They finally gave us the all clear to go back in once they had checked out all 50 rooms and cleared them.


This guy was right across from our room in the panel trying to shut off the alarms and lights. Brady wanted me to take his picture and he is laughing as I am doing it! Sorry, it's kind of blurry, it was already kind of embarrassing so I just snapped it really quick and didn't realize it was blurry.

Anyway, I was telling him as we were coming back in that I had just started dinner and I was afraid it was my cooking that had set off the alarm.

He laughed at me then and said "Nope, someone else's cooking."

Phew!

A joke from my dad: How do you know when dinner's done? The smoke alarm is going off!

3 comments:

bedonts said...

LOL! What an eventful evening! Good times! :)

Sandra Nixon said...

Oh, You posts are bring back so many memories!! We did the smoke alarm thing twice while we were there. I was just crossing my fingers that it wouldnt go off in the night, can you imagine waking up to that? and the kids?

Barry & Margo Swartz said...

What a night!