We were going to camp up on Mt. Lemmon this last weekend but the weather had some other ideas for us.
We set up tents in the afternoon (Wendy and I) and let the boys play on the mountain. It was so much fun for them to just be boys and play with the dirt, rocks, sticks, pine cones, etc. That night at the church cabin there was a BBQ activity so we were there for that and had planned on just staying over night and coming home on Saturday morning.
We set up tents in the afternoon (Wendy and I) and let the boys play on the mountain. It was so much fun for them to just be boys and play with the dirt, rocks, sticks, pine cones, etc. That night at the church cabin there was a BBQ activity so we were there for that and had planned on just staying over night and coming home on Saturday morning.
Brady and Tolson helping put away tables after the BBQThe wind and weather was SO BAD that we also had to move our little camping party into the loft at the lodge because the low was supposed to be 32 that night! It was still pretty cold in the lodge and I think I slept a total of 5 minutes the entire night! I don't do well on air mattresses and especially being cold the whole night and listening to the wind howl.
So we woke up the next morning to several inches of snow on the ground and it was still falling. The caretakers of the campgrounds were anxious for us to get out of there because they wanted to get out and down the mountain before getting stuck up there for Easter weekend.
So we made our way down the mountain. The really bad parts of driving were on the dirt road leading back to the campgrounds off the main road.
So we woke up the next morning to several inches of snow on the ground and it was still falling. The caretakers of the campgrounds were anxious for us to get out of there because they wanted to get out and down the mountain before getting stuck up there for Easter weekend.
So we made our way down the mountain. The really bad parts of driving were on the dirt road leading back to the campgrounds off the main road.
Here are some pictures I took from the car.
It was so weird to have snow here in AZ but it definitely didn't feel like AZ up on the mountain!!!
PS We had a great Easter with some friends and their kids. My camera wasn't working to take pictures though so no pictures of our egg hunt and the kids eating their dinner at the kids table! I'm actually able to be the parent at the adult table now!! Am I that old????





4 comments:
It was such a fun Easter! Thanks again for having us over!
Glad you made it down off the mountain safe! Crazy weather!
Holy cow! 32! Guess you guys get the best of both worlds...warm and cold. Hope you guys are doing well!
What a memorable ward camp out. I'm glad you all made it home ok.
Come to Georgia and lets go camping!
Post a Comment